Covid-19 Updates- Physically Distanced Social Fun
We are now following the Governor's proclamation dated 11/10/2020 and the Mayor of Waukee's proclamation dated 11/5/2020 requiring all guests to wear a face covering/mask over their nose and mouth when in public (aka our bowling center), and 6' social distancing is not possible. What does this mean for our guests? Bowlers may pull down their mask when it is their turn and they have stepped up onto the approach to bowl their turn. Anyone ACTIVELY eating or drinking, must be seated and then may temporarily remove their mask. All other times, everyone must be wearing a mask. The city of Waukee has civil penalties in place for violations and the state has put food/beverage licenses on the line. Please help up protect the future of Warrior Lanes, our staff, guests and yourself by following these requirements.
Regarding group sizes: We have a hard limit of 5 guests per lane or 8 guests per group. A guest is anyone who is bowling or not bowling. This includes infants. A group of 6 will be assigned 2 lanes, based on availability, even if only 3 members of the group are actually bowling.
We are currently following the governor's proclamation dated 8/21/2020 "REOPENING OF BUSINESSES AND ESTABLISHMENTS" SECTION TWO, subsection J. and "MASS GATHERINGS" SECTION THREE, A and B.
Hello Friends! Another day= Another change. But we’ve got this! We could have been shut down again today, but we didn't and are so grateful!!!! Thank you for your continued support
Regarding Governor Reynolds’ proclamation today (8/27/2020) about bars & restaurants AND the common questions about masks…
The closing of bars in Dallas County does not affect our bowling center. Because much less than 50% of our revenue is from bar sales, we are not a bar. The majority of our revenue is from bowling and the arcade, so we are not a restaurant. We are already closed by the 10pm cutoff for alcohol sales, so that isn’t a factor either!
However, it is not in our nature to take advantage of any situation, so we are implementing a couple of new procedures to stay in line with the proclamation and other local businesses:
1. Warrior Lanes is STILL physically distancing and limiting capacity for open bowling and group gatherings. We strive to use every other lane to give guests more elbow room and limit group size to 6 guests per lane or 10 per group. Each guest must have their own seat. A guest is anyone bowling and anyone NOT bowling. EveryBODY counts!
2. We will STILL continue to offer pre-paid lane reservations on our website, 24 hours in advance. Walk-ins are absolutely welcome, and we do our best to keep your wait time to a minimum, but pre-paid reservations take priority.
3. You may STILL call ahead when you are in the parking lot (515-987-4840) and leave a number to be called or texted when we have a lane ready for you.
4. We STILL do not have any seating available AT our bar counter. If you have a lane and are bowling (which means you have a seat), you may order alcohol from our bar counter, to consume at your seat. If you are ordering food to eat on premises, you may purchase alcohol as well, as long as you are seated.
5. Regarding masks, currently they are not mandated. HOWEVER, we strongly ENCOURAGE guests to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth when moving about in our COMMON areas (arcade, restrooms, customer service counter, bar, snack bar, when selecting a bowling ball, etc.) and when 6’ of distance cannot be maintained. You are welcome to remove your face covering when you are at your lane. Currently, you are not required to wear a mask while bowling or seated at your lane table.
We will continue to monitor mandates and CDC recommendations and make changes as necessary. We will not be the mask police. Please make your own choices based on what is best for you and those around you.
Be safe! Wash your hands! And Go Bowling!
Kristy & Brad
Together and still apart, it is still possible to make plans and have fun with family and friends. While maintaining the clean, bright and safe bowling center you have always expected, here are just some of the things we are doing at Warrior Lanes to keep you safe and rolling...
Even more hand sanitizer locations throughout our location
Contact-less payment is available at all registers
Extra distancing between groups, and limiting lanes to a maximum of 5 bowlers + 1 guest
Accepting open play reservations, online, 24 hours in advance
Health checks of all team members at the beginning of each work shift
Increased frequency of sanitation of all frequently touched areas
Bowling areas and equipment (house balls, rental shoes, furniture, etc) disinfected after each group leaves
Single use, disposable, food and beverage containers
Our team wears a mask and gloves when cleaning and serving you laneside
And here are our plans for our league bowlers...